A Good Directions participant-owned disability service
As Members of Isaac’s Band of Brothers and Sisters Inc, we will:
- establish and maintain a personal relationship with Isaac
- learn how to communicate with Isaac and support him to make decisions
- acknowledge that all people have the capacity for self determination.
- assist Isaac to make decisions and his wants and needs known
- demonstrate regard for Isaac’s safety, comfort, and dignity, with consistent respect for his needs, wishes, interests, and strengths when planning and making decisions
- act as sponsors to the community, ensuring Isaac participates in community activities with members of Isaac’s Band of Brothers and Sisters Inc (e.g. family functions, social events).
- ensure Isaac has the opportunity to both receive from and give to his/her community, as well as with other individuals in his network.
- conduct our business in the spirit of mutual respect, cooperation, and collaboration.
- have collective and emergent ways of working. We listen, learn, consult and think before responding.
- ensure that everyone’s voice is heard
- not limit our own or others’ beliefs because we minimise the risk of doing harm when we have high expectations.
- assume the best of people, and presume competence in all people.
- value all people