Isaac is a delivery man, live band fan, gym member, car lover, raiders fan, swimmer and keen traveler. He has a long term goal to have a full time, permanent, well paid job where he earns superannuation and is able to purchase a home. At the moment he has his own delivery business called Isaac Delivers and is looking for the right person to build more work opportunities.
Isaac has a microboard – a group of family and friends that have formed an incorporated association called Isaac’s Band of Brothers and Sisters Inc. Their role is to oversee and safeguard the good life Isaac wants. The Band, as we are otherwise known, will be your employer. We are experienced in directly employing staff and have all the appropriate insurances and policies in place.
Responsibilities of the role
- Support Isaac to get ready for work each day
- Coach Isaac while on the job to develop skills in his current role as a delivery man
- Build relationships between Isaac and the people he works with
- Identify and translate Isaac’s interests and skills into possibilities for further employment
- Conduct a discovery process to capture information and paint a picture of Isaac in words and images
- Develop a plan for customized job development
- Develop a job concept portfolio
- Analyse the fit of customized employment to local Canberra businesses
- Approach local businesses and negotiate possibilities for Isaac to be employed
- Values social and economic inclusion of people with disability
- Experience in teaching skills
- Well connected to the Canberra business community
- Experience in customer relationship building
- Good documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Good coordination and administration skills
- Has a current police check and working with vulnerable people card or willing to obtain them
- A driver’s licence
The position is between 10 and 16 hours per week and will be paid on a casual basis between $41.33- $51.13 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
It is anticipated that the role will be for 6 months with a possibility for extension.
For further information
Please contact Sheree Henley on 0407305739 or email@example.com
Please complete the application form
Applications close 24 May 2019