Isaac is a delivery man, live band fan, gym member, car lover, Canberra Raiders fan, swimmer and keen traveler. He also has a disability and is seeking the right people to share his home with him. He is looking for two housemates who will help create a home where you and Isaac can live, relax, be yourselves and welcome friends and family.
As a housemate you will be expected to be home 7 nights out of 14 and one weekend per fortnight. You will be free to work in another job, study or do your own thing during the days. We can be flexible with the hours you will be required to be home. We are also happy to negotiate holiday breaks.
Isaac has a microboard – a group of family and friends that have formed an incorporated association called Isaac’s Band of Brothers and Sisters Inc. Their role is to help build and safeguard the good life Isaac wants and to provide housemates and other paid staff mentoring and support. The Band, as we are otherwise known, will provide you with training in how to support Isaac and mentor you in your role. We have all the appropriate insurances and policies in place.
Isaac’s house is a fully furnished, 4 bedroom renovated home in a quiet street with a large entertainment deck. There is plenty of off street parking and is close to bus stops and shops. It is opposite a park and near great walking trails around Mount Rogers.
Responsibilities of the role
- live with Isaac and another housemate in his 4 bedroom house in the Belconnen area
- share responsibilities of keeping the house clean, tidy and welcoming for family and friends to visit
- coordinate house maintenance
- mentor Isaac in how to do household chores
- assist Isaac to get ready for his day
- help Isaac to build good relationships with neighbours, family and friends
- liaise with Isaac’s day support team to ensure he is safe and achieving his goal of living independently in an ordinary home in an ordinary street.
The ideal people we are looking for will be:
- Experienced in sharing a home with friends
- Clean, tidy and house proud
- Good at building friendships and well connected to community
- Skilled in cooking, gardening or house maintenance
- A team player
- Good at spoken and written English
- Able to commit to a 2 year arrangement
- Able to produce or apply for a current police check and working with vulnerable people card
- Licenced to drive a car
You will be provided with a stipend of $532 per week and free accommodation. We will also provide free internet. Each house mate will be responsible for 1/4 of the electricity and gas bills.
For further information
Please contact Sheree Henley on 0407305739 or email@example.com
Please complete the application form.