We are an incorporated association that works to ensure Isaac (a young man with a disability) lives the good life he wants. Our members are Isaac’s family and friends. Isaac is a delivery man, live band fan, gym member, car lover, Canberra Raiders fan, swimmer and keen traveler. He is seeking a skilled and community minded Finance Officer to become part of his team to help him build and safeguard the good life he wants.
The goal of this role is to take away the workload and anxiety of financial management from the board, Isaac and his family and educate us in good financial management practices.
You will be required to manage
- Xero configuration to enable us to track and report on spending against Isaac’s NDIS plan, incorporated association budget and his small delivery business.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Business Activity Statements
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Reporting to our board and teaching us how to interpret reports
- Annual returns
The role would suit a retiree or stay at home parent looking to be part of a little community doing good things and having flexible working arrangements.
We are looking for someone who:
- Values inclusion of people with disability in our community
- Is able to attend board meetings – 5 per year, usually on a Sunday
- Is good at implementing automated systems that integrate with Xero and processes that reduce the workload on all involved
- Is already familiar with or willing to become familiar with the National Disability Insurance scheme
- Is familiar with Xero
- Is able to explain financial reports in plain english
- Is willing to become involved in our social events and become an advocate for Isaac.
To apply please provide your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you think you would be a great candidate for this role.