We are on the hunt for people with great networks within the Canberra community to help us craft roles for Isaac so that he can live a fully included life.
We are looking for board members who can offer about an hour a week to strategise, plan and network to help Isaac to achieve his goals.
Isaac has an excellent team of 5 paid supporters to help put our strategies and plans into action.
Board meetings run for 1.5 hours on a weekday evening every 6 weeks.
Membership fees are $10 per year which help contribute to running costs.
In 2017 Isaac’s goals will be:
To build his delivery business so that Isaac has 5 mornings a week paid work, our costs are covered and Isaac is receiving a small wage.
- To be able to spend 5 days at a time in his own home
- To develop his IT literacy skills
- To develop his public speaking skills
- To develop his communication and decision making skills
- To strengthen existing friendships and form new ones
- To develop Isaac’s interests in music and horses
- To improve Isaac’s health and fitness
The goals of our microboard will be
- To enable Isaac to achieve his goals
- To become Isaac’s Plan Manager
- To reduce the workload on Isaac’s family
- To consolidate and document our business processes
So we are looking for people to join Isaac’s microboard who
- Have values that align with ours
- Are good advocates for the rights of people with a disabilities
- Have skills and experience in Business development, Information Technology, Communications and Marketing.
- Have wide and strong relationships with the Canberra business, horse riding, sporting or music community
- A good understanding of governance principles
- Financial literacy
- Sound judgement and a commitment towards integrity and high ethical standards
- Read more about the roles and responsibilities
Elections will occur at the AGM on November 10
Is this you? Interested?
Download, complete an send in your Expression of Interest by 1 November 2016 to email@example.com