House Mates Wanted
“Beadlemania”, is an intentional community of people that helps me – Isaac – to live a good life in an ordinary home in an ordinary neighbourhood in Charnwood, Belconnen.
I am a fun guy who loves cruising in the car with the music blaring and the window down, going to see live bands, hanging out with horses and supporting the Canberra Raiders.
I’ve finished school, and am gradually moving out of home and be my own man. I’m learning how to be a housemate so I am gradually spending more time in my house with my housemates
At the moment I am hanging out there every second weekend and I’m looking for someone to move into the house and support me when I come to stay.
I am looking for housemates who….
- Values inclusion
- Enjoys building community and connecting with others
- Enjoys being part of a team of like-minded people
- Has strong self direction and management skills
- Is a non smoker
- Has a good sense of humour
- Has or is willing to apply for a Working with Vulnerable People card
- Likes to keep a tidy house
- Has time available to attend house meetings & house social activities with housemates
- Has shared interests with housemates – music, gardening, computer games, board games, studying, NRL – and have a new interest you might like to teach us about.
- Has a driver’s licence
House mate training session
Our well kept, 4 bedroom home is…
- Home to my housemates and me
- Also home to our house pets are some baby chickens
- Has an easy care garden with a veggie patch
- In a great location, near public transport and the Charnwood shops
- Surrounded by great neighbours
- Spacious with a room for our new housemate that fits a queen bed, is unfurnished with a built in robe.
Your Role is to
- provide support to me when I stay over along with two other housemates
- keep a daily record of what’s been happening for me
- contribute to ideas about how we could improve the quality of my life
- contribute to ideas about how the house environment could be improved
- attend house meetings
- run social events at the house that include me
- think of and implement projects and events that build neighbour connections with me
- share the experience of being a housemate with other families that might like to try a similar model
- make sure the house is kept clean and tidy
- identify and request any maintenance jobs
- We are looking to employ up to three housemates at a salary of $50,000 per year pro rata
- There will be overnight hours where you can sleep but you may need to get up once during the night.
- Flexible working conditions are available for the right people
- You will need to contribute to rent, bond and your share of the bills
- You will also have opportunities to do relief support during the week at times convenient to you and be paid a casual rate from $26 per hour
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Marija 0421722099 | Sheree 0407305739 | Ben 0407305739